How to Remove Starforce from your PC

Hi guys , this article will tell you how to remove starforce protection driver from your PC

What is Starforce

Starforce is a software copy protection tool installed by PC game publishers, which is designed to prevent the casual copying of retail CDROM applications. It installs as a hidden device driver, without the user’s knowledge

The Problem

Starforce has received criticism for installing its own device driver onto computers. The Starforce drivers are often linked to system instability and computer crashes. If these problems occur, the user would be unware as to the cause of the problem, and would be helpless to solve the problem.

for example under Windows XP, if packets are lost during the reading or writing of a disk, XP interprets this as an error and steps the IDE speed down. Eventually it will revert to 16bit compatibility mode rendering a CD/DVD writer virtually unusable. In some circumstances certain drives cannot cope with this mode and it results in physical hardware failure (Most commonly in multiformat CD/DVD writer drives). A sure sign of this step down occurring is that the burn speeds will get slower and slower (no matter what speed you select to burn at). Starforce, on a regular basis, triggers this silent step down. Until it reaches the latter stages most people do not even realise it is happening.

It has been reported by many users that the slowdown caused by StarForce on some recent multiformat DVD writers can cause irreversible hardware failures on those drives (they aren’t recognized anymore), as they aren’t supposed to write at slow speeds.

How to confirm whether Starforce is in your comp

1. Right Click on My Comp and go to properties .
  2. Select device manager from the hardware tab
  3. From the view menu ” Show Hidden Devices “
  4. Under the nonplug and play device , check whether starforce is there or not

The Removal

1)Directly Remove from the Device manager by removing the device .

2)Download the removal kit from here

For the list of games which install starforce click here

1. hell says:

plz help i got this software on flaming cliffs game and i dunno what to do??

2. Ico says:

This is a sheet. I work in Techno eJay 5 and have a this fucking protection.So I use only to create a song in 70 sec. There is no way to remowe this protection….

3. Goatface says:

Nice one, the cocks that wrote Starforce deserve to be burned alive

4. Rob says:

This is a cool idea but unfortunately the only way to get this piece of shit off your machine is to use the removal tool on StarForce’s website. Even manually trawling through the registry and attempting to re-assign ownership of your own registry entries is protected they truely are the biggest tossers in the software business do not buy any game with their shit all over it

5. Justmey2k says:

Does this mean I can play a game with Starforce Protection, like Killswitch, then remove Starforce and all will be fine? Can I remove it right after I install the game?

6. Jo king says:

Wow if i could i would give you a star!!
    thanks to this
    i have FINALLY got rid of the annoying pop up thingy that says starforce not compatible that has been bugging me for months.
    thanks

7. Snakeye505 says:

Here is my question. I am trying to run Silent Hunter III on windows 7 RC 32-bit. I keep gitting three pop-up saying the star force driver is incompatible. I ran the removal tool and also the update tool. Neither worked. I called Ubi soft support…useless! I know the program will run on Vista 32-bit so it should run on 7. What would you suggest at this point?

8. norman says:

You saved my liiiife. I was tired of Sf popup. Easy to follow instruccions. Thanks a lot

9. rista says:

Ive found starforce on device manager and ive uninstaled them but the problem still exists, and even the tool for removin starforce wont help!!!! anyone has any idea?

p.s. sorry for my bad english (:

10. Emil says:

Thnx, it helped to remove the pop-up.