WordPress Plugin : Viper’s Video Quicktags

Viper’s Video Quicktags is a plugin for WordPress that creates various quicktags / WYSIWYG buttons for inserting self-hosted videos (AVI , MPG , FLV , WMV ) as well as website hosted videos (Youtube , Google Video , IFILM ) into our wordpress blog . In WordPress 2.1 you will need to disable the Visual Rich text editor or else the buttons will not be visible .

After uploading and activating the plugin , the write post/page will appear along with the following buttons as shown below

Just click on any button and you will get a window like

Just click Ok and you are done . The only drawback is that you have to disable the Rich text editor for the buttons to appear in WP 2.1 . Hope a new version is released soon .

Download

1. eches says:

This is a good plugin for embedding video if you dont want to turn off your visual writer when writing a post. Good job man! 🙂

2. Harsh says:

But Eches, didn’t Madhur just mention one needs to disable Visual-Rich Editor? Or is your comment missing a link?

3. eches says:

my bad lol..I thought it’s the same plugin I used to use where I dont need to turn off the Visual rich editor..the plugin featured by madhur is way much better because the installation is just a piece of cake.

Thanks for the heads up Harsh 🙂

4. Garry C. says:

Now this is something that looks promising! Great reference Madhur… I don’t use rich editor anyway, so no loss for me. Great looking plugin.

5. Ashish Mohta says:

I dont want to remove the rich editor.I am using that only.But it sounds promising for video blogs

6. yeah it has this drawback , lets hope a new version is released soon .

7. Brad says:

Hi Madhur & All Posted Here,

I too love this plugin at first glance (2nd day in use). It worked tickety-boo for me right out of the gate with my flash videos. Although, today I went back and made another post with flash again and noticed all my videos have now been reduced to a url hyperlink with a bunch of white space below.

Did anybody else have this issue?

Much appreciated!

Brad

PS. Nice site by the way Madhur.