How to Remove COM Surrogate Error in Vista
I have been using Windows Vista for 3 months now and one error that has always annoyed me is the “COM Surrogate Error ” . This error generally occurs when you open a folder thaty contains a lot of media files . The error is
Beleive me it is irritating . This error is mainly caused due to codecs i,e Divx , Nero etc which might not be compatible with Vista . Some possible solutions to this problem are
1) Upgrade your Nero or Divx to latest version .
2)You can disable Thumbnail previews . Though it is the easiet solution , no body will want to do it .
3)It might be caused due to ffdshow codec pack . Try some alternative
How ever i nice solution is available at Helpero . To solve the error follow the steps
- Click on start . Right Click on Computer and Select Properties
- Click Advanced System Settings located at top left corner
- Under the Performance field click settings
- Go to Data Execution Prevention Tab
- Select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those i select
- Click the Add.. button
- Browse to c:windowssystem32 and select dllhost.exe . Click ok when done . You will get a windows like this
- Click Apply.
- Restart your computer and the problem will be solved .