Genetically manufactured pets
You might have heard of genetically modified pets. A company called Bio-Genica went one step further and is all ready to launch the first ever genetically maufactured pets called Genpets. These genpets are manufacuted in mass production and come in a packing so that they can be sold in retail outlets.
Genpets come in two base configurations, 1 year and 3 year life span model. Not only that , they also come in 7 different personality type. Adventurous, playful, even spiritual to name a few. These genpets come with packaging. Genpets are in a state of hibernation when inside their packaging.These packing contains a heart rate monitor and a life support system which take care of respiration and feeding. The packing also contains something called as fresh stripes to whether the genpet is healthy or not in its packing.
Bio-Genica claims that genpets are ideal pets because:
- They are mammals but have no reproductive capabilities
- They have emotions and bond immediately with their owners when awaken from their hibernation
- They are not some genetic freaks and do feel pain
- They can be put back to hibernation state when the owner has to go out of station
- They do not make noise has they have limited vocal chords
- They only need to be fed once a week
- They produce limited waste
- They grow limited hair
- They have restricted movement
- They behave like real pets
And most importantly if one dies buy another.
The idea of genpets sounds revolting to me but it sure tells me that man has started playing god.