WordPress 2.3 released
The latest version of WordPress , WordPress 2.3 codenamed “Dexter” is out now . This release features some new and exciting features .The release is named for the great tenor saxophonist Dextor Gordon. Here are the new features of this release .
- Native tagging support: It allows you to use tags in addition to categories on your post, if you so choose. Importers for plugins such as UTW , Bunny’s technorati tag etc are also included .
- The new update notificationlets you know when there is a new release of WordPress or when any of the plugins you use has an update available.
- The new canonical URLs feature does things like enforce your no-www preference, redirect posts with changed slugs so a link never goes bad, redirect URLs that get cut off in emails on similar to the correct post, and much more.
- The new pending reviewfeature isgreat for multi-author blogs. It allows authors to submit a post for review by an editor or administrator, where before they would just have to save a draft .
- All new and advanced WYSIWYG editor
The new features look great . I will wait sometime before upgrading . What about you ?