How to repair MySQL Tables
Sometimes it is possible that your WordPress database can become overburdened in the process of fetching so much requests and because of it, it will create overhead. As time progresses, overhead values of some tables can become very high and it might cause the database to crash, like what happened to me recently. It is similar to the concept of defragmentation in windows. To keep your database healthy and free of any overheads, just follow the steps shown below
1) Open phpMyAdmin client and select your wordpress database and click on its name
2) You will now see all the tables of the database as shown below.
3) Select the checkbox of each table which have an overhead value
4) Go to the drop down menu “with selected” and select repair table
5) An sql query will now be executed and if everything works fine, you will see a screen similar to the one shown below.
This way all the overhead value will be cleared. If the overhead values is under a kilobyte, it isn’t much of a problem but sometimes the overhead value can become very large. So it is better to perform these steps once every few days so as to keep your database healthy.