Entrecard introduces new pricing system

I have been using Entrecard for around a month now and I feel it is a great way to advertise your blog without paying a single penny. Earlier, the pricing system was based on the concept of “cards dropped” which was not very fair. Even i didn’t favor it much as i didn’t have time to go to various sites dropping cards. A new pricing system has now been introduced which promises to be fair.

According to the new algorithm, the ad price will be determined by the demand of the ad spot. Everytime someone will purchase an ad, the price will double and everytime an ad finishes, the price will become half. The price will fluctuate with the purchase and end of an ad. All the blogs will start at the base of 2. After the launch of this new algorithm, the price of some blogs have become too high but that may change as the system stabilizes.

But still, I don’t feel too sure about the new pricing system. Earlier i used to receive around 4-5 ad requests per day. Now when my price is too high, i am not receiving any ad request. Once when price drops, ads will again come and stop when the price becomes too high.

It will be interesting to see how it performs in the long run. Entrecard is a great way to advertise your blog for free. What do you think about it? Will you use it on your blog ?

1. Shashank says:

I ve never used Entrecard…is it worth?

2. @shashank
    It is a great way to get some free advertising

3. DJSays says:

Hey thanks for that.

I’ll definately try it.

4. Ram says:

I run this widget on my blog for some time then removed it becoz of the pricing and lot of other things. I will give it a try once again, thanx for the info 🙂

5. Nirmal says:

I have never used this one, I dont know whether its really worth to use this.

6. Syahid A. says:

Looks like a pretty decent service. I’ve seen a few blogs using it lately.

7. Kavitt S says:

Ya entrecard scheme is good. But this is not very useful for people with less credits to advertise on popular sites, as was possible earlier.

Now credits required= 2^n for advertisinf
    where n is the no. of ads waiting

earlier it depended on the drops one made, and popular sites werent into it too much. So it would be difficult to advertise on popular sites now.

8. Bobby Revell says:

I think it’s worth having and I’ve found some new blogs to read as well as picking up a few new readers. I spend very little time working it and it has been pretty effective. I like the new pricing system – the price fluctuations keep us all honest!

9. @Bobby
    Even i have discovered a lot of new blogs through this.