Google Chrome : A Browser by Google
There have a been a lot of talks about a Google Browser being in works for many years. I never thought that was going to happen as Google kept releasing a lot of services that were aimed for other browsers such as Google Gears etc. Google Blogoscoped has published a comic book which they say, comes directly from Google and it contains all the details about Google Chrome, an open source Browser project by Google which is going to be released tomorrow in more than 100 countries.
The comics is of 38 pages and tells a lot about the features in Google Chrome, some of which are
- It will make use of Google Gears to save Websites for offline use
- It will have special tabs which will be on the upper side of the Window and not below address bar
- It will have an address bar with an auto complete feature called Omnibox
- The Homepage will consist of a page similar to the Speed Dial page in Opera
- It will have a privacy feature called “incognito”. Users can create an “incognito” window and whatever happens in that Window is never recorded
- It allows the Web Apps to be launched in there own browser window
- Whatever the tab runs will also be sandboxed protecting you from malwares and phishing sites.
The features look very interesting and it will definitely provide competition to all the Browsers all there. It will be interesting to see how it performs when it is released tomorrow. The Browser war just got more exciting.