Multi Commander is an Advanced Tabbed File Manager
Multi Commander is an advanced file manager which is a nice alternative to Windows Explorer. Apart from having standard file management features, the program also comes with various advanced features which are very helpful.
The program has got a simple interface which can be used in both single or dual panel mode. Most of the options it offers are available through buttons which are visible on the menu. The program offers basic file management features like copy, move, rename, view etc. It also offers advanced features like image conversion, file comparison, FTP support etc which makes it worth trying out. The program can be customized and you can add your own custom command buttons or choose from different interface layouts. You can also create scripts to automate various tasks and most of the tasks can also be performed by using the keyboard.
Some of its features are
- Caching that enable fast file browsing.
- Multi Tabs support makes it easier to work with Files/Folders
- Show Movie information from IMDB/Rotten tomato as extra columns on you movie files
- Audio tools like View Audio file properties, View/Edit MP3 Tags
- Open API for developers to create extensions and plugins.
- FileOperations plugins that can automatically sort / unpack files when they are moved or copied
- Powerfull script engine allowing you to create script that automate tasks
A portable version of the program is also available which requires no installation and can directly be run from USB drive. The program is a freeware and runs on Windows Vista, 7 and Windows 20008.